Don’t Buy Stuffed Animals, They May Have Mold or Bedbugs
While it may seem like a good idea to buy a stuffed animal from a thrift store – especially if your kid throws an adorable, demanding tantrum when they see it – leave it on the shelf. They often harbor tons of bacteria. Previous children who owned the stuffed animal drooled and cuddled with it. It also has snot and dead skin plastered over the fur. Mold, bedbugs, allergens, and other odors also stick to the fur of the stuffed animal, making it toxic to your home and child. You could unknowingly bring a ton of bacteria into your home with the stuffed animal. Even if you manage to sanitize the stuffed animal, germs can still linger, or you can damage the animal with high heat when trying to wash it (Food Storage Moms).