Testing For Lead
Lead is a pervasive and highly toxic neurotoxin found in various sources like water, paint, and soil, posing significant health risks with no safe exposure level. Its detrimental effects include decreased IQ, nervous system damage, and behavioral changes, making it irreparable once the harm is done. Children under six years old are especially vulnerable and can be exposed to lead both at home and school, mainly through inhalation or contact, not just by accidentally ingesting lead paint chips. To safeguard against lead exposure, especially in homes built before 1978, it is crucial to conduct home lead testing using readily available in-home testing swabs like Lead Check and D Lead, following package instructions meticulously. For soil and water testing, sending samples to a nearby lab is the preferred method. (Life Hacker).